Latest News

Open Work Permit – OWP

  • Home
  • Open Work Permit – OWP

Open Work Permit – OWP

An Open Work Permit (OWP) authorizes a foreigner to work in Canada in ANY job, without any restriction. The holder of an OWP does not need an LMIA to work in any occupation he is eligible to do.

Foreigners that are eligible for an Open Work permit include:

  • Spouse/common-law partner being sponsored for Permanent Residence through an Inland Spousal Application.
  • Spouse/common-law partner of a Temporary Foreign Worker
  • Spouse/common-law partners of International Students studying in Canada
  • International Experience Canada (IEC) Candidates (Working Holiday)
  • International Students who recently graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.