Latest News

Bridging Open Work Permit – BOWP

  • Home
  • Bridging Open Work Permit – BOWP

Bridging Open Work Permit – BOWP

The bridging open work permit (BOWP) is a work permit that allows workers to continue working in Canada while their application for permanent residence application is being processed. In-Canada applicants who have made an application to immigrate to Canada under either the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Class, the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Class, the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) may be considered for a bridging open work permit if their current work permit is due to expire (within four months).

A foreign worker legally working in Canada who has made, or will soon make, an application for permanent residence under one of these immigration programs may then continue to work until a decision is made on his or her application for permanent residence.