Latest News

Spousal Sponsorship

  • Home
  • Spousal Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship

You can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner to come and live with you as a permanent resident of Canada. You can sponsor the following persons and their dependent children for Permanent Residence

  • You must be 18 years of age or older
  • You must be a Canadian Citizen, or Permanent Resident (living in Canada)
  • You cannot be in prison, bankrupt, under a removal order (if a permanent resident) or charged with a serious offence

To be eligible to be sponsored by a Sponsor

  • You must be at least 18 years of age
  • You must not be too closely related by blood to the Sponsor