Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
The Federal Skilled Worker program is one of the programs in the Economic Class of the Canada Government program. Candidates who intend to apply must have the following:
- Continuous work experience of at least one year of full-time paid work experience or its equivalent in part-time employment in one of the jobs listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) O, A OR B, within the last 10 years.
- Applicants who have arranged employment in Canada which is on a full time basis, permanent job offer and from a Canadian employer for a job that comes with Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or one exempt from LMIA.
- Have a minimum of CLB 7 in language assessment.
- Have minimum required settlement funds to support himself and family for a six month period after arriving in Canada.
- Have a Canadian qualification or an equivalent from a Foreign country. Credentials obtained from a foreign country must be assessed by agencies approved by the Canadian government.