Latest News

Canadian Experienced Class (CEC)

  • Home
  • Canadian Experienced Class (CEC)

Canadian Experienced Class (CEC)

The Canadian Experience class is also managed under the express entry. The following are the minimum eligibility required for the program.

  • Candidates must have obtained at least one year of full-time skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date. For this program, self-employment or work experience gained while being a full-time student in Canada does not count.
  • The job experience must be in NOC O, A or B only.
  • Meet the minimum language score of CLB 5 or CLB 7 on the Canadian Language Benchmark, depending on the level of the job.
  • Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec (individuals with work experience in Quebec and who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class).

Good option for International Students

The Canadian Experience Class offers students with Canadian work experience a faster and easier path to achieving permanent residence. Students who have completed a program or course of study at a Canadian educational institution, are able to remain in the country and work on post-graduate work permits. Once a graduate obtains at least one year of Canadian work experience in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.