EXPRESS ENTRY: CANADA’S PROCESSING GATEWAY FOR SKILLED WORKERS
Express Entry is an online system that IRCC uses to manage applications for permanent residence for skilled workers. This skilled worker can either be in Canada or overseas. Express Entry has been designed to ensure that candidates who are most likely to succeed economically in Canada are able to immigrate to Canada.
There are over 60 programs that candidates can use to migrate to Canada. Express Entry is the system that is used to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Workers Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
In addition to the 3 listed programs above, the Provinces and territories in Canada also recruit candidates from Express Entry through their Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs. Express entry is the pool that has the details of many applicants for permanent residence. The provinces and territories go in and scout for candidates they feel will be able to contribute economically to their provinces and territories. After selecting them, they then need to apply through the express entry.
The average processing time of submitted applications of candidates who have been invited to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry, is six months or less.
There are so many steps involved in the Express Entry process. The steps are summarized below?
- Step 1:
- Fill out your Express Entry profile: The first step you need to do is to fill out details of your profile. This will include details on your age, work experience, language proficiency, Job offers, financial strength and relatives in Canada
- Be accepted into the Express Entry pool: Not every one that applies is eligible to apply through the Express Entry. If after filling all the forms, the system checks and confirm you are eligible to apply through the EE, your profile will be accepted into the pool. Your profile will be ranked against others in the pool and this can lead to the next step. If your profile is not eligible, you will be notified about it.
- Step 2:
- Get an invitation to apply: Your profile is ranked against others in the pool. Regular draws are carried out monthly and the highest-ranking individuals in the pool are then given an Invitation to apply for permanent residence. Those not selected in the month will have their profiles still in the pool for a maximum of 12 months. If within 12 months you are not selected, your profile will expire after 12 month and your profile will be removed from the pool.
- Apply for permanent residence online: For those that are invited to apply for permanent residence, they need to now submit documentations that supports the details they had filled earlier. They normally have 60 days to ensure that this details and documents are submitted to IRCC.
Ensuring all the steps are done correctly is what can give you the result that you want. Any error during the process can lead to you getting a procedural fairness letter from IRCC. If you need help with the process, you can contact us.